Other Old Boy News...
* Congratulations to Wayne Walden for making the NBR Richest Men in NZ list. Wayne Walden is the former owner of the Farmers chain. He made his fortune in retailing before taking control of the old Farmers-Deka retail chain. Walden sold out two years ago, bought a farm and is now an advisor to the Meat Board, the Chair of TRANZ Rail and the Chair of the Maori TV Board. One rich list estimated his fortune to be $12 million.
* Congratulations to Archie Taiaroa for recieving a Queens Birthday honours. Archie has been a Te Ohu Kaimoana Commissioner since 1993. He is a fluent speaker of Maori and has a thorough knowledge of tikanga and Maori concepts. He is a former Deputy Mayor of Taumarunui and councillor on the Manawatu Whanganui Regional Council. He is Convenor of Maori Congress and is currently Chair of the Whanganui River Maori Trust Board.
* Congratulations to Jason Ashford on winning the Te Ohu Kaimoana 2003/04 Global Fisheries Training Programme. Jason has scored amonth business training programme within the Nissui global network and will work at the coal face of an international company. Jason has been in the fishing industry for the last six years and helped develop strong Iwi/hapu relationships through his work with Tamatea Management Services Limited in Gisborne, a project management company specialising in fisheries issues. For the last two years, Jason has been employed as a species analyst at Sealord Group in Nelson. Jason is currently based in Japan.
* Congratulations to Mike Mato and his partner who had a son born 17/9/03 @ 8:37am, weighing 8lb 4 and 51cm long. His name is Kenyon TafaVaiaso-Mato.
* I had a son on 1/9/03 @ 3:45pm, weighing 9lb 4. His name is Manaaki (Nga Manaakitanga a te Ariki) Joseph Tibble.
If you have any annoucements, let us know and we'll post it!